Sikh Family Center stands with you as our families and communities learn to respond to the many new challenges posed by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) health crisis. Our non-emergency help line (408-800-SEVA) continues to provide culturally-sensitive emotional support and safety planning in Punjabi & English, advocacy support, need-based emergency assistance, and referrals, including to existing resources in your local community such as food banks and emergency housing options.
To assist our communities, we have created bilingual resources and compiled a list of links and information below. This is a rapidly evolving situation. For the latest information on the coronavirus pandemic, please visit the CDC Website.
Below are resources regarding how COVID-19 is transmitted, and how you can help prevent the spread of viruses to people in your home, community, and Gurdwaras.
- COVID-19 Prevention Facts (Punjabi & English)
- COVID-19 Prevention Updated Recommendations for Gurdwaras (English)
- COVID-19 Myth Busters: Fact or Fiction (Punjabi)
- COVID-19 Myth Busters: Fact or Fiction (English)
- Stop the Spread Poster (Punjabi)
- Stop the Spread Poster (English)
- Feeling Sick? Self Screening – Poster (English)
- Cloth Face Covering Do’s and Don’ts (English)
- Breastfeeding and COVID-19 (Punjabi)
- Breastfeeding and COVID-19 (English)
- Cover Your Nose & Mouth – Poster for Gurdwaras (English)
- Suggestions for Sangat Safety – Poster (English)
- Seva During Coronavirus (English & Punjabi)
- Safety Tips for Gas Station Workers (Punjabi)
- Safety Tips for Gas Station Workers (English)
- Driver Safety – Quick Checklist (English & Punjabi)
- Pets and Coronavirus (English)
We developed a short video series highlighting intimate partner/family violence, along with ways victim-survivors can increase safety during quarantine. These videos are in both English and Punjabi.
- Sikh Family Center Video Shorts #1: Family Violence & COVID (English)
- Sikh Family Center Video Shorts #1: Family Violence & COVID (Punjabi)
- Sikh Family Center Video Shorts #2: “5 Safety Planning Considerations during Quarantine” (English)
- Sikh Family Center Video Shorts #2: “5 Safety Planning Considerations during Quarantine” (Punjabi)
- Safety Considerations for Families During Covid-19 Quarantine (English & Punjabi)
Mental Health and Well-being
The unprecedented life changes and physical isolation caused by Covid-19 have led to increased levels of stress, fear, and uncertainty for a number of people. Below are resources and tips to help you cope with the pandemic.